Friday 11 September 2015

Glimpses of Childhood

It is probably the most ironical thing about growing up; you want to be a child again, trace back time to the time when life was life! There were so many things we did and got away with! It is dreary to be a grown up and deal with everything you do, face the consequences and fight them. Simplicity was at its best during those days, and I am sure everyone would agree to the following list of thing we all miss from our childhood:



Summer vacations

Oh those days! The euphoric feeling of a month long off! Seems like a dream to most of us now- (try taking a month’s off from your office!)The freshly peeled mangoes and trips to our relative’s house were almost like a routine- sheer bliss! The re-union with cousins, and those incessant sessions of games with them was like the best feeling ever.

Home-made potato chips

Rarely does anyone have the time to make those crunchy potato chips at home. The packaged ones filled with nothing, tempt the kids of today. Little do they know the heavenly taste and the smell of those freshly bakes chips. I still vividly remember the sight of my mother putting out the slices to dry in the sun and me eagerly waiting for them to be edible!

Santa Clause

I had a heart break when I came to know Santa Claus is fictional. I would do anything it takes to get that thrill back to check the gifts in the stocking that Santa has left for me the first thing in the Christmas morning. It seemed like a miracle when Santa granted our wish by gifting us exactly what we wanted. Life is dull without such innocent surprises.

Crying

Yes! This is the saddest part. I miss crying like a child. Crying was like an instant solution to any distress back then, and you always had some two to three people attending you, to make you stop. Gone are those days when used to howl out the reason of my distress and be done with it. Who said growing up was easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment